Saturday, October 16

post dated blog: My Birthday

Hello blog followers. Due to an increase in extra curricular activities in my life lately, I have gotten behind on blogging about those activities. So, today I am going to update you on my birthday. As you know, this was my first birthday away from family and friends :( but, seeing as I have the best husband in the world, the festivities were not lacking. We woke up and Gary had my presents laying out on the couch along with a very cute card. I opened them up and found a new sweater and also a new hair dryer. (the previously blogged about hair dryer still works, but it doesn't blow hot air.)We had planned a day in National Harbor, so after opening gifts I hopped in the shower. Unknown to me, while I was in the shower Gary set up a pinata for me. haha. It was kinda funny and childish at first, but it was actually REALLY fun breaking it open. We didn't have a bat or anything to swing with, so I had to use a really large wrench, also very funny.



So we ate some candy (all the best varieties of course), finished getting ready and started off for National Harbor. National Harbor is a touristy/ unique restaurant/ shops kind of place. Very cool! We walked around for a while, saw the sights, had lunch at a place called Ketchup, and walked around some more. We spent the whole day hanging out there. There was even a PEEPS store. I know my dad would love that! There was beautiful landscaping, water fountains, architecture, and art!
We sat on a bench at the river walk and watched the sun set on Potomac River! It was perfect, the best birthday ever! As it got dark we returned to our car to change clothes, we had dinner reservations at a really nice restaurant called Grace's Mandarin!















The town lit up at night and was beautiful! The restaurant had a water fall that flowed through the two levels and a very large Buddha (who I am posing with). I had teppanyaki salmon and Gary had a seafood medley! Delicious!













After dinner we head back home, I had such a wonderful day! Little did I know I had more in store! :) Gary bought a chocolate pie and put candles in it to spell out "24"


Whew... what a day! I will definitely need to do something spectacular for Gary's birthday... good thing I have a while to think it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment