Friday, July 30

who says you need a job to be busy?

While I continue the job hunt, I have also filled my days with lots of activities. My favorite quickly becoming house hunting. Gary and I are not looking to buy until late fall, but I have decided why not start looking now? And wouldn't you know I found the perfect one, conveniently located near Gary's work. It is full of old charm and character, born in 1912. Of course it would need some sprucing up, but hey I have all the time in the world!! (perks of being unemployed) Regretfully, she will need a lot more than sprucing. My realtor has told me that the house will need $100,000 in repairs. Although it was the perfect project, we will have to pass. I went to go look at a few more but none that were just right, and in a buyers market we have the luxury of waiting on that perfect house! Next on my list, I have started up the fall knitting early. I learned to knit about 5-6 years ago and LOVE it! Just watching things grow right out of my hands is a cool feeling! However, I have not taken my knitting beyond scarves (and one hat), which admittedly is kind of lame, so this year I am venturing into the realm of sweaters. That is, of course, only after I finish my Gryffindor scarf and hat that I will proudly be wearing to the November opening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows (part I). Now, I know what you are thinking, "Isn't that a little childish?" And to that I would have to say I agree, but why use expensive, chemically filled products to keep you young when all you have to do is act like a child every now and again?

No comments:

Post a Comment