Wednesday, January 12

sew, what's new you say?

I GOT MY SEWING MACHINE FOR CHRISTMAS!!

Sew, Gary got me a sewing machine for Christmas, which happened to be at the top of my list this year. Besides the fact that it is way cooler to make things than to buy them, having this machine will make it sew much easier and faster to make curtains, pillows, and many other things for our home. Although, I really haven't ever made a whole lot with a sewing machine, my mom has taught me a few things on occasion.

Sew, I thought the best way to start out would be to alter the length of some curtains I already have. You know, sticking to the straight lines. Over the holidays my family came up to visit and helped us to decorate our half bathroom. They put up some cute curtains over the window, but they were slightly too long. Today, I shortened them!! A few easy steps, and a call to my mom, my sewing machine was up and running. And before I knew it, the curtain was complete. It looks great. Sew, I wasn't really paying attention and didn't get a "before" picture, but here is the "after."





That's it for tonight, tomorrow I may tackle some pillows.... you know, four straight lines connected together!

still missing Copper,




until next time....

3 comments:

  1. ps that was from your other parents......les & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go little domestic girl. Your mom is a domestic machine, you know, someone who you just know owns a crock pot or 2!! She taught you well!

    ReplyDelete