Thursday, February 17

a day in the life....

Since the rough start to our year, things seem to be getting back to "normal." The heaviness in my heart that is Copper is getting lighter, although I still miss him. Guilty as charged, I find myself watching the videos of him posted on the blog to be sure he is not forgotten in the whirl wind of our life. If I do say so myself he was quite handsome!

As I mentioned in my last post, I have begun a critical care class that I am attending twice a week. I will also continue my 12hr shifts but I am only doing two a week while taking the class. So for the next 6 weeks or so I will be working 4 days a week... how dreadful. :) I still feel like I just graduated college and therefore should be really great at sitting through all day lectures, but let's just say the lecture tolerance is not up to par. It is so hard to sit through class and not fall asleep! Especially since I have to get up at 5am to get to my class by 8am, damn traffic on I-495... quite ridiculous. Anyway, that is my update.

Gary has been busy with work. His "daily grind" has been temporarily interrupted by a trip out west to San Diego! Lucky him, although I know he was sad to find out he wouldn't be able to meet up with his sister, Melissa, while in the vicinity of Hollywood. You know, the stars rarely make time for us regular folk. j/k Mel!

We have been getting some things done with the house, but as usual it is slow goings, we fit the typical procrastinator profile. I'm hopeful that we will finally paint our bedroom this weekend, ssshhhh, Gary is probably finding this out the same as you. And yes, sometime, someday, we WILL finish the kitchen cabinets, and you will be the first to know when that special day is!

Spring is on the way and we had our first 70 degree day today. Of course it was not enjoyed by me since I was indoors, in class. But the promise of what this day signifies is very exciting! We are looking forward to planning some short trips, hopefully to include the mountains! It seems like it has been forever since I have seen a mountain, my soul is crushed by weight of sea level, yes, the freedom of the mountain is what I need!

On the horizon there are some new goings on for Gary and I, and before all the baby talk begins, please don't excite yourselves! Please keep visiting us for more info!

until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment