Sunday, February 20

master SWEET...

Since moving into our house, our bedroom has been last on the list of things to fix up. Although the master bedroom should be a retreat, a relaxing place after a long day's work, ours has been mostly dingy. We wanted to fix up the main living areas in the house before working on bedrooms and lesser used areas. Now that the living room and kitchen are mostly {yes only mostly} complete, we have decided to begin the work on our bedroom! WHY DID WE NOT DO THIS EARLIER? As soon as the first splash of paint hit the walls I knew I loved my bedroom way more! Although there is no furniture except for our bed, the room automatically felt complete {I'm aware in reality it is not}. Our bedspread is a bright yellow, my favorite, and to complement it we painted the walls a perfect shade of blue, "shark loop" from Valspar! A shade that is serene, relaxing, and soothing for the overworked brain. We also painted the trim work and the doors a bright white, dove white to be exact. Dove white is a color that has been passed down in my family for generations, alright maybe my mom got it from my aunt and that is it, but still, maybe I've started a tradition?

Pictures of course: these pictures were taken on my phone late in the day, so the perfectness of the color isn't really showing through. I will try to post better ones soon. And the pictures make the color look similar to the one we just painted in the guest bedroom, but I promise they are not alike at all!




1 comment: