Wednesday, April 27

the Lord has Risen, Easter festivities....

Thankfully, I did not have to work this past weekend, so Gary and I were able to dress up, go to church, and celebrate the sacrifice Jesus made for us! We are so blessed to have everything that we do; each other, our family, jobs, a home, our sweet healthy pup Bentley!! So much to be thankful for this Easter season!

We had our friends Aaron and Emily over for Easter dinner. Emily and I split up the cooking tasks and together provided a wonderfully delicious meal for our husbands. Of course on the menu was Easter ham with potatoes, yeast rolls, green beans, and salad.

But not just any salad.... you may remember a few months back a post about the "Wine, Women, and Words" book club cookbook. Well I have used another recipe which I would like to talk about! This recipe is from the happy go lucky, Maureen Swindall!! Miss you!! I have had this salad at many a good ole Chapin party and making it for Easter reminded me just how delicious it was!!

This salad is made with basically any lettuce you like, strawberries, walnuts, and (I added red onion). Then you make the vinaigrette, which I think is what makes it so delicious!! Anyway, in true party fashion, Maureen lays out the directions for putting the salad together and making the dressing. After putting all the ingredients together for the dressing she says you must, "shake it like a polaroid picture to combine." Well who am I to change her winning recipe, so enjoy the picture of me "shaking like a polaroid picture." haha


Here are some pictures of the table I set as well as the "family picture"


Everyone got an egg shaped cookie with their initial on it!!



Video of Bentley getting some exercise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment