Saturday, July 9

on call...

I was supposed to work today, but I got a surprise call this morning and it was the hospital requesting that I take call! Basically I got to stay home today, get paid a nominal hourly rate with the possibility of having to go in at any second. Usually taking call is not anything I would want to do because, yeah, you get the day "off" but at any minute the hospital could call needing you to come in.

Luckily, I never got that call. I was able to stay home all day with Gary and Bentley! The day wasn't a complete waste though, waiting around to be called in. Gary and I work on our bedroom closets. When we moved in, Gary's closet didn't have any hanging racks for his clothes, so he has been using the guest bedroom closet. Well people, no worries, he can now dress in our own room!! My closet was slightly more "move in" ready, but it needed some work too. Now both of our closets can hold all our clothes without the risk of the racks falling off the wall at any second!!

Anyway, I know that is not exactly the most interesting story to tell, but that was our day!!

p.s. --- Bentley continues to do well after his castration. He has one of those cones for his head, but it is really really huge for him. He can barely walk around with it on, so we don't make him wear it. Well the first night we put it on him overnight since we wouldn't be able to watch him and when we came downstairs the next morning it was just laying in his crate. Somehow he had gotten it off. So since then he hasn't had to wear it. He doesn't really pay much attention to that area though. He is still mainly worried about how to best chew off my arm. So much for the neuter fixing his love of chewing me!

p.s.s.--- Countdown to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II, July 15!! Already have my tickets!!

1 comment:

  1. Meg!! I forgot to tell you a great tip that our vet gave us to help Annie's biting. When they start biting you let out a really loud and high pitched yelp so he knows it hurts. Apparently puppies do the same thing in the litter so that is how they know not to bite too hard. Of course it will also help when he loses more teeth. and YAY for the closets!!

    ReplyDelete