Tuesday, November 9

Welcome Peyton...

The newest edition to the McNeillie family is due to arrive November 15th! And before you ask, NO, it is not a child that belongs to Gary and I. Our nephew, Peyton, Will be born soon and we couldn't be more excited!

I was thrilled when Brandy, my sister in law, asked me to knit him a "baby cocoon." There has been a lot of talk about these among knitters in forum and other websites, they are quite hard to find patterns for. Unless of course you are willing to pay for one. Well everyone who knows me will testify to the fact that I hate paying for things like that, so I have fabricated my own pattern! I trialed it with some cheap yarn and then made the final product with a soft/warm yarn with a greenish/blue color. Perfect for the outdoorsman Peyton is bound to become! (along with soccer player! ) :)

Here are the pictures of the finished product... and don't worry Brandy, the tassel is removable incase you would prefer the plain cocoon. I wasn't sure what you would like, so I just gave you the option! I hope you all like it. P.S. if you are looking for a pattern, I'll try to write one down from my head, but no promises anyone would be able to follow it. haha

Also, it will be way cuter with a baby in it instead of a towel!


No comments:

Post a Comment