Saturday, August 14

DMV....ugh

Although we have been avoiding this task since we moved to MD, Gary and I went to the DMV bright and early this morning to get MD drivers licenses. It is the first in many DMV visits since we will also need to title and register our cars here.

Anyway, I went one day to try to get my license while Gary was at work, but it was a no go. Before this initial visit, I got online, made sure I had all the right paperwork, and got there early in the morning to avoid any long lines. super organized. Well I waited in line for about 15 minutes and right before the people in front of me were done (and it would be my turn) a guy walks in the door and creates a line on the other side of the desk. I thought it was weird but there were two ladies at the desk, so I wasn't too worried about it. When the people in front of me finish, I walk up to the lady, explain to her what I needed and she looks at me and says, " we are only taking people from that other line (pointing to the line this man had just created!!).... WHAT? Hello I had been waiting in that line for 15 minutes and you had clearly been taking care of everyone's business from that line. So she makes me go wait in line behind this guy that just walked in and just waves him up to the desk. I really couldn't believe it. Then the second lady calls me up after about 5 minutes and I proceed to explain again what I need. Only to find out that I cannot get my license unless Gary "signs for me" because there are no bills in my name so I only have 1 document proving residency. ugh..... I knew no matter how organized I could be that all trips to the DMV end up in multiple trips to the DMV.

Since the DMV closes at 4:30pm everyday, the only day that Gary and I could go together would be on Saturdays when they are open from 8:30am to 12pm. Before I left that fateful day, they did tell me that the line is out the door on Saturdays, which made me even happier. So, we set out today early in the morning to get our licenses. Because we were warned about the large line, we arrived at the DMV 45minutes prior to open (again thinking we were soooo organized). Nope, the line was already about 50 people long... it really couldn't have been worse. Because I have the best husband in the world though, Gary left to get us some chick-fil-a biscuits for breakfast!! I will say once we got in there, they were on top of things. This Saturday visit was much more organized than the weekday trip. Long story short, we are officially MD drivers, organ donors, and registered voters to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment