Wednesday, August 18

a job... what a relief!

Ever since we found out we would be moving to southern Maryland, I have had my eye on a small hospital in the area called Civista Medical Center. It is quite a bit smaller than the hospital I previously worked for in SC, but it is growing and about 15 minutes from our apartment. How about that for a commute!!! Anyway, I have been unsuccessful in my applications at this hospital for about 3 months. Needless to say my future there looked a bit bleak. But last week I decided to walk in and talk to the nurse recruiter about what they are looking for (which unfortunately is usually a years worth of experience). I left the office feeling good about the visit, the nurse recruiter seemed to like me, and told me she would get back with me within the next few days about an interview possibility... AN INTERVIEW! I couldn't believe it. I had been applying to this place for months, even since before I moved here, and I never even got a phone call or email for further information about my application/background/experience... anything. Even the prospect of a job was making my mouth water! But I didn't want to get my hopes up though.

So a few days later (as promised) I got a got to set up an interview for an ICU position. It just kept getting better. The interview wasn't for another week, so in the meantime I found it very appropriate to make sure I had the right attire... anything to buy new clothes right. Being the bargain shopper I am I have to stick in here that I found the perfect Nine West khaki suit in my exact size for $50... it was originally $150. I love that! plus Nine West is my favorite.. anyone who knows me well will tell you!! :)

I went in for the interview a few days ago and while it was long (got there at 10:30am and left at 1:30pm) I felt it went well. I interviewed with both the nurse manager of the unit I was interviewing for and the nurse recruiter who I had already met. The nurse manager was really nice, showed me around the unit, and introduced me to a few people. It was a little less scary meeting with the nurse recruiter since I had already met her before. I left with the nurse recruiter again promising to get back in touch quickly. I had no idea she would call me back that same afternoon. She offered me the job!! YAY!! I was kind of in shock...

I won't start until Sept 13th because that is when the next nursing orientation is, but I am so excited. I have a job... I have a job........ I really have a job...... still can't believe it!!! Most of all I want to thank all my family and friends who have been praying for my job search and supporting me through unemployment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment