Tuesday, August 24

house hunting is consuming my life

ok so here's the thing. Finding a house that is in our price range, that both of us like, that is near good schools, and a good driving distance to both of our jobs is virtually impossible. I mean I feel like I have searched every online home listing within 50 miles of where we live now with not even a twinkling of a glimpse of something that might work, which is why I find this an appropriate time to release my first single..... "ohhhh we're never gonna find a house, we're never gonna find a house, we're never never never never never gonna find a house." and that is just the chorus! haha I have been singing this to Gary for the past three days and I'm fairly certain he has decided I shouldn't release the single. Anyway, we are trying to stay positive about the home search and Gary is doing a much better job than I, but we are a little discouraged.

on a more optimistic note, I would like to make an announcement of yet another money saving breakthrough at the grocery store this week! I saved a grand total of $32.29 on our grocery bill this week. YES!! It is almost like stealing. I'm sure some of you not so savvy store goers are wondering... just how does she do it? So I'll tell you, it isn't even cool actually.. but I just make my list based on the store sales of the week. Seriously, I get the grocery store mail insert and make my list based off the sales, what we need, and good "cabinet stocking" items. My favorite sales are of course the 10/$10, but also when fruit like peaches and strawberries (which are normally kind of expensive) go on sale I snatch them up. Of course, as fall approaches, I see lots of chili and soups in our future so I stock up on canned tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, etc. I am not a big coupon clipper, mostly because we don't get the paper, but sometimes the grocery store will have extra coupons that I do clip. It all adds up!! And as per the usual I have attached the living proof of such exquisite shopping!


until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment