Friday, September 24

holiday crafts

Hi All...

Today I didn't have to work so I set out for A.C. Moore to find some stuff for a new craft. I decided on a fall wreath. My friend Bree blogged about making her own wreaths a few weeks ago and I decided to join in. At first, I didn't really think I could make something that looked professional, but I think it turned out quite well. In case you want to make one of your own, here are the things you will need: (and don't worry I got everything for under $25)

1. a wreath form. they make all sorts, wooden, metal, rafia... choose what you like best. I chose wood.

2. get an assortment decorating leaves, berries, twigs, flowers, garland, etc. whatever you want you wreath to look like. I bought fake, but you could probably go outside and collect some good things too.

3. you will need wire. you can buy spools of wire or they make pre-cut wire.

4. take it all home and assemble.. easy as that. although my fingers did start to hurt.

I would take your time to try different combinations of things to see what you like best before you go and wire it all up. I hope you like how mine turned out and have some fun this fall doing crafts. They make you feel good!


until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment