Saturday, September 18

weekend updates

I started my job in the ICU this week!! I have been waiting so long to finally have something to do during the day. Even though I have only been doing "house keeping" type things, it has been good to get out of the apartment. Next week I will be starting work on the floor, actual nursing work. I can't wait for that!

Friday was payday, so naturally Gary and I went out for dinner. We tried out a BBQ joint to see how it stands up to REAL southern BBQ. Of course most all barbeque pales in comparison to what all Chapinites know to be the real deal, Farm Boys! But it was pretty good. I had to laugh though because we dressed (accidentally) as the American Flag. haha what better outfits to wear to a BBQ restaurant?
Fall is definitely here.... in Maryland anyway. It has been great weather for the past week. Monday started out with sunny 75 degree weather and throughout the week we never got over 80. I have been riding in the car with my windows down for the whole week, true happiness. As happy as we are about the weather, it also means that winter is on the way! Being SC residents for most of our lives, we decided some sprucing up of the wardrobe would be a good idea, and so we headed out this morning for an outlet shopping center about an hour from our house. As we drove north to the outlet, we crossed over National Harbor and could see many national monuments from the road. We also noticed that there are some very nice cars living in the D.C. area. During our short trip, we saw tons of expensive and/or exotic cars: Porsche Panamera, Maserati Quattroporte, BMW 135 convertible, BMW M5, Ferrari 360, Bentley Continental, and of course my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee with squealing brakes!! (Car names courtesy of Gary)

At the outlets, we got lots of good things. Gary got some jeans and some long sleeve shirts, and I got some new sweaters. All super saver items of course! On the way home, we stopped at TJMaxx (my most favorite store) and we found some really cute candle lanterns!! Yes, I know, this has nothing to do with buffing up our wardrobe, but I just couldn't pass them up! :)To finish off this great day, Clemson is playing Auburn! Big game, big fun! And since it is on TV we are able to watch! And just as an update, we have finally found Gary's Harry Potter glasses he will wear for the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment